Local Continuous Replication (LCR) is a single server solution that provides high availability for Exchange Server 2007. Once you enable a local replica of a storage group, LCR copies any changes to the storage group to the replica. This process is called Log Shipping.
In this how-to, you will learn how to configure Local Continuous Replication (LCR) in Exchange Server 2007 Mailbox Server Role.
- Log on to Exchange Server 2007.
- Click Start, and then point to All Programs, then Microsoft Exchange and click Exchange Management Console.
- Expand Microsoft Exchange and click the Server Configuration in the Console Tree.
- Click the server name that has mailbox server role in the results pane. And in the action page, click Manage Mailbox Role.
- In the work pane, right click First Sorage Group and click Enable Local Continuous Backup.
- On the welcome page, click Next.
- On the Set Paths page accept the default location or enter new location for the Local Continuous replica set for Storage Group.
- On the Mailbox Store page, click Next or enter suitable localion for Replica Mailbox Store database files. Do the same for other stores in this Storage Group.
- On the Enable Page, click Enable and then click Finish to complete the process.