VMware released the new version of vCenter server which is 5.1 update 1, with new improvements and features. Such as:
- vCenter Server is now supported on Windows Server 2012
- Additional vCenter Server Database Support: vCenter Server now supports the following databases.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2
- vCenter Essentials no longer enforces vRAM usage limit of 192 GB
vCenter 5.1 Requirements
VMware recommends 10GB of RAM if you are planning to install all components on a single server (which is what the simple install does). 64-bit dual logical CPU cores have been required since vSphere 4.1, so no change here. You will also need at least 40-60GB of free disk space after installation (100GB recommended).
vCenter Server supports IBM DB2, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server databases. If you choose to let it install its own SQL 2008 R2 Express database you will need Windows installer 4.5
In this video tutorial, we’ll install VMware vCenter Server 5.1 Update 1 on Windows Server 2012.
Thanks for watching…